Consistency is key in social media marketing. If you’re marketing your brand on social media, it’s important to make sure that your social media profiles and content align with your brand goals. Who you are, what you do and why you’re different should all be highlighted on social media just like it would be on your website.
Here are some things to consider when tracking your marketing efforts to see if you have a consistent brand presence on your social media channels.
Related Post: Case Study: Creating A Social Media Strategy ➢
Completing Your Profiles
Your social profiles are a representation of your brand, they should attract and encourage prospective clients and candidates to learn more about you.
Just like a website, within 5-10 seconds of being on the page, they should know exactly what you do and how you can help them.
Here are a few tips to help optimize your profiles:
- Determine your tagline and pitch.
- Keep your messaging describing your company consistent on all profiles – this should mirror and be a summary of your website About Us page.
- Use keywords – just like your website your social profiles should be SEO optimized. You want to make sure that your page appears when a client or customers enter relevant keywords into the search bar and that Google can pick up your social pages like it would your website.
Branding Your Posts and Images
Brand consistency is important for brand recall. When people see your brand enough times, they should know it’s you, even without a logo. A clear brand voice and consistent presence will ultimately reinforce your brand identity and will drive positive sentiment among candidates and clients.
If your company doesn’t have brand guidelines in place, I would strongly suggest creating a document for reference. This document should include brand color codes, font types, approved logos, tone of voice and goals of your brand.
Here a few need-to-knows for creating images for your posts.
- Images – Decide your style type. For example, will you use photographs or animated images?
- Brand Colors – Select 2-3 colors that represent your brand that you will use when creating images for social media posts.
- Fonts – Use fonts that match the style of your website. You can get creative with the images but don’t get creative with wacky fonts that can take away from your brand image.
Related Post: 5 Reasons Your Brand Needs a Social Media Strategy ➢
Did you know that 63% of consumers who search for a company online are more likely to contact ones with an informative and active social media presence? Staying active and following best practices when posting on your social media channels will help you connect with your audience, increase brand awareness, develop thought leadership, and boost website traffic.
Posting on social media helps to validate your brand, letting potential clients and candidates know your brand is active and open to communication and establishes you as thought leaders. There are many free tools out there that can help companies stay consistent in posting by allowing them to schedule out posts in advance. That way, when the daily grind of the office is higher than normal, your online presence stays consistent.
Here are a few best practices when posting on social media:
- Post at optimal times for your business. Match times when your audience is online and browsing social channels.
- Determine the number of posts you plan to publish each week for each platform. On average I would recommend 4-5 for LinkedIn, 3-4 to Facebook and 3-5 a day for Twitter.
- Focus on the right content for the right platform. Don’t just blast out the same post, with the same content, all at the same time.
If you’re looking for more information about your online presence or you’d like to hand over the reins to your social media plan, we can help. At Parqa, we can help plan, publish and manage your company’s social media. Get in contact today to schedule a free consultation.
Watch Parqa’s Free 30-Minute Webinar: Growing Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn For Recruiters. LinkedIn is the go-to social network for recruiters, it’s never been more important to make sure your personal brand stands out online. Learn how to grow your business, and gain traction on LinkedIn, in this 30-Minute How-To Guide for Recruiters.
Latest posts by Parqa (see all)
- How to Create Social Media Consistency for Your Company - May 8, 2019
- How Recruiters Can Build Trust Through Content Marketing - March 29, 2019
- Parqa Hires Chanel Schmidt as Sr. Social Media Manager - March 21, 2019